Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:47 PM   #1

Default how people make photos look more like animation? Any software is used?

I am taking photos for online real estate and I want to know how people make the photos look like animation or kind of cartoon. They look way better than the real original photos before editing. Any Idea? Please advise. Thank you!!
Jin_allscrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:17 PM   #2

It would help if you had an example you could post or link to. My best guess for what you want to do is to apply a small amount of edge preserving blur, then increase the color saturation and contrast.
Another way would be to use HDR software or use local contrast enhancement.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin_allscrum View Post
I am taking photos for online real estate and I want to know how people make the photos look like animation or kind of cartoon. They look way better than the real original photos before editing. Any Idea? Please advise. Thank you!!
This is how many second-rate HDR photos look to my eye. You may be thinking of those -- it is common in real-estate photography to use HDR, and it is not uncommon for the photos to be more skewed toward making everything look mid-illumination bright than for it to look natural.
tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:33 AM   #4

I reckon the real estate agents like the exaggerated HDR effects because it looks more like the sketches and 3d renders the architects firm provided them with. Comparisons, photo-montage of the (virtual as of yet) building in its (real) surroundings, etc. all become easier.

The fact it (often) makes for warmer tones is a seller, too.
PaulPosition is offline   Reply With Quote