Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 1, 2004, 1:10 AM   #1

Default Photo Explosion error "ipe40.exe; u32jpg.fio"

I installed Photo Explosion Deluxe and it worked fine the first time I used it. Fantastic software for a novice (Me!). Thereafter, when I launched the application I received a msg that the program had encountered a problem and must close. The error referred to was in application "ipe40.exe" module "u32jpg.fio". Tech support for the software had no ideas. Removing and re-installing the software made no difference. Searches on the web revealed users of Ulead photo software had similar problems; unfortunately the users were in Germany and Japan and I can't interpret their Q&A's on the subject. Anyone encounter similar problems or have any suggestions. I'm hooked on the software and don't really want to send it back. Thanks much for any help.
FrancesLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:02 PM   #2

Hi Frances,

After two years, I wonder if you are still a forum member. If so, did you ever get your Photo Explosion problem fixed? I have the same problem. Actually, the Microsoft Tech found this site by googling the error message "ipe40.exe; u32jpg.fio." My friend recommended the software to me and she has used it for a long time with great results. I, too, would like to keep it, but I have two other photo programs on my computer and as long as that program is on, they won't open either. I notified their support section that there may be a bug in it and am waiting to hear back. I just thought if you had found any solution, it would be great to know about it.
Grandma8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:56 AM   #3

Old post, i know, but one of our customers brought in a PC with a very similar problem of ipe40.exe crashing whenever she exited the Photo Explosion Program in Windows XP Home - I've sorted her problem and thought i'd share int he hope to help some others.

Basically it boiled down to incompatibility with XP;

goto c:\program files\Nova Development

right click ipe40.exe and select properties

goto the compatibility tab

put a check in the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

and from the drop down menu select Windows 98 / ME

It worked for my customers - hopefully for someone else.
mh_tech is offline   Reply With Quote