Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old May 30, 2012, 3:04 PM   #1

Default Premiere CS4 problem with .MOV file from Nikon D5100

I use Adobe Premiere CS4 on Windows XP x64-bit Servise Pack 2,
Im begginer and i have problem with edit .mov file from Nikon D5100,
when i put file to edit and when i edit when i see video whаt i edit the picture is to slow is bloked and frized (and i cant edit), when i export quality is bad...?

Maybe is need driver or somthing to dont have slow and frized picture when edit?
For export is need somthing to instal to have better quality, and on what file to export for max good quality?

Thanks for answer me....
Old May 30, 2012, 4:03 PM   #2
Administrator

Freezes, choppiness, out of sync audio, etc. is usually a sign of a computer that's not powerful enough to handle the video file format being used.

Although it's not very clear how they distinquish the different video types, it looks like Adobe was recommending a 2.8Ghz dual core processor with 2GB minimum RAM for HD video, with a video card supported OpenGL 2.0. I found this via a quick google search:

http://www.specrequirements.com/soft...m-requirements

When I try to search Adobe's site, I just get links going to the system requirements for the newer CS6 version instead. Grrrr

What kind of PC do you have (processor type, memory, video chipset)? You may find that it's not up to editing 1080p video from the Nikon if it's set to the highest quality recording mode, as higher resolution video files tend to place higher demands on the resources needed.

If it is a PC resource issue, you may find that you need to convert them to another format that's less taxing on your PC. Or, find a different editor that makes better use of your PC's resources (perhaps one that makes better use of your video card if you have a modern card with a GPU that's more powerful than using your CPU resources).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 7:34 PM   #3

I just format the PC, i thing that something is not installed, before i dont have problam with edit .MOV file, but i dont have try before whit my new Nikon D5100.

My PC:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8400 (6M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz)
RAM: 4 GB
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT / 1GB

Thanks for help
Old May 31, 2012, 9:27 AM   #4
Administrator

Have you installed all of the updates for it (4.01, 4.1, 4.2 and 4.2.1)?

If not, you may want to try updating it beginning with 4.01 first (then 4.1, etc. - trying it after each update) to see if one of the updates may have fixed some of the issues you're seeing.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows

I'd also make sure your video card driver is up to date. Here's the latest Nvidia driver for your 9800GT card if you're using 64 bit XP:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64...ql-driver.html

You may also want to try disabling your Antivirus temporarily to see if it's causing an issue.

If that doesn't help, then perhaps one of our members with a D5100 using CS4 Premiere Pro will chime in with suggestions.
Old May 31, 2012, 6:39 PM   #5

Thanks i try to install,

I like to format again PC and i instal Windows 7 x64 bit, do i then i get better resultat for edit video??

Do u have diferent betwen Windws XP x64 or Windws 7 x64 for edit video?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:13 AM   #6
Administrator

You'd have to try it to find out.

But, I'd go 64 Bit Win 7 for better compatibility going forward.

For example, CS6 will no longer run on XP (Win 7 is required for the latest CS6 Premier Pro version from Adobe, since XP is no longer supported).

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/tech-specs.html
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:02 PM   #7

I try it Win 7 maybe i got better edit

thanks