Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:47 AM   #1

Default LR3 Lens Profile Updates

Is there a way to update the lens profile selection in LR3 without upgrading to LR4? When I open the drop down box for selecting a lens it seems to be lacking in quite a few lens selections.
Quadna71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2012, 2:04 PM   #2

Make sure you have the latest version of LR3. If your lens still isn't there, you can always make your own lens profile. Remember that the profiles are different for jpg and raw - if you have a profile for a particular lens in raw format, that profile will not appear if your file is jpg. Also, I think they be different between camera models, but not so sure about that (it's been too long since I messed about making profiles and I don't really remember). Some websites/bulletin boards exist where anyone can post profiles they've made, or at least there is for Pentax (would assume the same thing would exist for Canon and Nikon).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 5:40 PM   #3

Thanks mtngal. I checked and my LR3 is up to date - well, as up to date as version 3 can be. I'm just surprised that some of the more common Canon lenses aren't listed. I have a 35/1.4 that is a very common lens with crop sensor Canons and it isn't there. I guess I'll just make some adjustments and save them as a new custom profile. I wish I had a large grid to take a picture of in order to know I was getting my distortions spot on.

Thanks again...and sorry for the delayed response. Just saw it this afternoon!
Quadna71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:01 PM   #4

I was surprised about what size of a grid you needed to run the program to make your own profile - I made a couple in various sizes and think the one I used the most was 24" on the long side. I think you could use something 11x17 or so, depending on the focus range of your 35. I don't think I ever used the one I made that was 36" wide, but could be wrong about that.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote