Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 8, 2004, 5:33 PM   #11

bcoultry - Thanks for the suggestion. Had gven doing that a fleeting thought and abandoned it hoping someone would have a better idea, but will definitely try. :lol:

informativetoo - Thank you for your input, I always appreciate others' ideas.

The thing is I never ever had a problem with any program opening a picture no matter what format it was in - this only came up since I started using PSP8 very recently. The problem absolutely lies with Digital Imaging since it is the only program that will not open files - all others do now that I discovered not to associate anything as a PSP document.

As far as learning to do these things with a new program - I personally find it a lot easier and faster to use the different programs for their individual strengths since no one program has it all.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2004, 2:42 PM   #12

I don't know about Digital Imaging, but Canon and Kodak's Easy Share will not open files from other programs. In Canon, you have to register the folder. This is true even if you originally had the program in the Canon Zoom Browser and then edited it in another program. With Easy Share, I used ADCsee to move pictures and then we couldn't open them or even see them in Kodak.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2004, 7:10 PM   #13

The Doctor - thanks.

I do ntot know anything about Kodak's software but do know all of of Canpn's programs, Easy Print, Zoom Browser, Photo Record, and absolutely never had any type of problem opening files in them and still do not. The only program giving me any problem is Digital Imaging.

As far as Canon's programs, make sure that you save your edited photos as JPEG or JPG, you should have no problems.
Old Feb 14, 2004, 12:49 PM   #14

Just thought that since I "picked all your brains" for a solution to my problem that it would be nice to let you know that it is now fixed thanks to a Techie at Microsoft.

He asked that I open the pics in MSPaint, which there was no problem. As soon as I did that I decided to get the information as to the exact error message wording in Digital Imaging. Lo and Behold, all my pictures opened with no problem.

Don't know if this information is of any value to anyone reading this forum or not, but decided to share.

Thank you all for your past input.