Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:25 PM   #1

Default No Cloning

For some reason the clone tool does not work in either PhotoShop 7.0 or PhotoDelux Business 1.0 (also Adobe). I think this has happened in the past but switching tools and then switching back fixed it. I uninstalled both of the above programs and reinstalled PS only. Not only does the clone tool not work as before but I was surprised to find the tool bars on my second monitor as before. I would had thought a fresh installation would set the program as it originally was (tool bars on the same monitor as the workspace). It makes no difference what the source or type of file I work with. Smudge and Healing Brush work fine.
csnudelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2004, 6:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Not only does the clone tool not work as before but I was surprised to find the tool bars on my second monitor as before.
I'm confused. A monitor reflects only what's sent to it. It can't be saving a display.

In the meantime, your preferences file may have gotten messed up and, though I don't know if this is true or not, it's possible that it isn't deleted when you uninstall Photoshop. I can't remember where this file is located, but I'll do a little research and get back to you on it.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 6:54 AM   #3

From Adobe's Photoshop forum's FAQs:

Background: Sometimes Photoshop can exhibit odd/erratic/weird behaviour. This behaviour can sometimes be overcome by removing the Photoshop Preference file. The procedures outlined below are the most common methods of removing the preferences file.

Q: I am experiencing weird behaviour in Photoshop. - How do I delete / reset my preferences?

Photoshop Versions 6x and later:

A: Hold down Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys (Mac: Command, Option, Shift) while starting Photoshop. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences file.

A2: You can also simply search your hard drive for a *.psp file and delete it. It will be called something along the lines of "Adobe Photoshop X Prefs.psp".

EDIT: If you're using XP (don't know how it looks in other versions), go to C:\Documents and Settings\(your name)\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings.....and look for "Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Prefs.psp". Delete it. This will bring Photoshop back to its pristine, out-of-the-box setup. Deleting this file causes no harm. It's simply rebuilt the next time you close Photoshop.

If this doesn't work, then you could try posting your problem at Adobe's Photoshop forum, making sure to explain that you already tried deleting the preferences file.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote