Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:05 PM   #1

Default How can I achieve this merge effect?

Hi,

I am not a big photo editor, I used in the past Gimp but now I only need simple editing and my preferred package to manage my photos is Zoner Photo Studio (free).

I want to achieve the following effect with two flags, I am not sure I can do this with my free version of Photo Zoner, but maybe you have a quick fix for me.

Please, see the attachemnt

Thanks
Alex
Attached Images

Kwajongen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:03 PM   #2

Are you trying to do this with a video or with a still image? If with a still image, all you need is photo editing software which allows you to create and manipulate PNG transparencies.

With Photoshop, you would simply open the program and create a new file with the desired pixel dimensions for your final - or make one larger than you intend so you can "crop" as desired.

Next open one of your files and "paste" it over the transparency and then use the eraser tool and perhaps the "brush" with a thin diagonal line of solid color to use as a reference for where you want to "erase". Then just use the eraser to erase that portion of the first file you don't want. This leaves you with transparency where you want the second file.

Next copy the second file and "Paste" over the the transparency with the first flag. Now repeat the above except erase the part of the second flag with the "history brush" leaving the layer beneath (the other flag). Finally, "flatten" if you want a jpg..

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote