Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 29, 2004, 9:33 AM   #1

Default Recomendation,

Can anyone recomend a good book for learning photoshop, something that takes you Step by Step. For PS Dummies like me, Thanks
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 29, 2004, 9:42 AM   #2

Default Re: Recomendation,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy43
Can anyone recomend a good book for learning photoshop, something that takes you Step by Step. For PS Dummies like me, Thanks
The Photoshop Book (insert version here) for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby is my personal favorite
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2004, 9:54 AM   #3

Thanks ohenry I new you would know, also klaus dk's site is extremly informative on PS and easy to understand I refer to it alot. I would be lost in PS for a long time if it wasen't for you guys!!!
Old Feb 29, 2004, 12:59 PM   #4

I wanted to second ohenry's suggestion. I have The Photoshop CS book for digital photographers. It is thin on words, and BIG on pictures (of menus and the like.) It isn't the deepest book on the planet, but it's a good one. I've learned some very good stuff from it. And I'm very new to Photoshop as well.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2004, 5:23 PM   #5

Is it for ps 7 or elements? I'm having a very difficult time finding the time to learn elements. I have two small children. I wanted to find a class (as I learn best that way), but I'm not having any luck. Thanks...

Amy
amytude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2004, 5:33 PM   #6

hmm i've heard of a Adobe Photoshop 7.0 For Photographers that looked REALLY good...if you don't have CS....i don't have it (the book or CS) so i can't tell you "how" good it is...but it looked like it covered alot.....it is written by .....hm....i can't remember the first name! shoot! sry .,...well the last name is Evening.....enjoy

most of photoshop is learned by practicing and playing around.....(at least the creating graphics part.....which is the part i like to do...as you can see by my signature)
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2004, 6:01 PM   #7

opps sorry I have 6.0 and elements.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 6:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytude
Is it for ps 7 or elements? I'm having a very difficult time finding the time to learn elements. I have two small children. I wanted to find a class (as I learn best that way), but I'm not having any luck. Thanks...

Amy
He has a version for every version of Photoshop, including Elements.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2004, 5:20 AM   #9

Can enyone recommend a good video training course for PS6? I seem to fall asleep these days any time I try to read for more than a few minutes. I think it has something to do with the aging procezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2004, 3:01 PM   #10

Check out Adobe's Web site. I believe they have videos. They also have some free online movies. Anyway, they did the last time I looked, which was a while ago.

Odd. The aging process in me has worked differently. Stick me in front of a video and I pass right out. Better than barbiturates.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote