Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 21, 2004, 7:55 AM   #1

Default Easy PhotoPrint by Canon

For some bazar reason Easy PhotoPrint automatically crops my photos if I chosse to print borderless. If I choose bordered it will allow me to uncheck "trimming" and print to whole image. I don't want a bordered photo. This causes me to loose photo inches and I have to cut for sides off. Help???
saralthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2004, 10:26 AM   #2

In order to print borderless the aspect ratio of your picture needs to be the same as the paper you are printing.

Example let's say you are going to print a 4x6 picture. The ratio of the picture is 4/6 (or 2/3) crop the picture to the correct ratio. In easy photo print select the borderless paper and select trimming. The red box shows what area you are going to print you can move it around to select what part of the picture you are going to have to throw away. By grabbing and dragging the square boxes you can trim even more of the picture.

If you want to distort the picture to make it borderless then you will need to bring it into a photo editing program (Photoshop elements, Photoimpact, Photoshop, etc) and then resize the picture to meet the 2/3 ratio.

Note: If you are printing 5x7 the ratio is ... 5/7 and for 8x10 the ratio is 4/5.
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote