Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 22, 2004, 5:47 PM   #1

Default The answer has to be in front of me photoshop 5.5

I know I haven't tried everything, (otherwise the problem would be corrected) but it seems like it. When I open a picture it has a violet cast over the enitre image. I can't for the life of me change the colors (foreground or background) to anything but shades of violet to black. This in turn makes the image turn the newly selected color. This is driving me nuts!!! When I look at the color swatches there isn't a range of color, just violet to black. I even tried to load new swatches but they all look the same color. I can open the images with no problem in other programs including image ready and have no problem. The only thing I notice is the color palette in image ready is correct and does not have the tint to all the colors. Any advise would be much appreciated!!!!!
natural scifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2004, 8:01 PM   #2

You are in quick mask mode. This is a selection mode where you use two colors and the paint brush to do your selections. Cool to use once you get used to it.

Press the "Q" button to toggle in/out of this mode. There is also an icon on the left that turns it on/off (Square with a circle in it I think).
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote