Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Apr 29, 2004, 10:37 AM   #1

Default Help please with saving in PS Elements 2.0 !!

I purchased PhotoShop Elements 2.0 yesterday, so I am a total and complete newbie. I have alot of photos on my hard drive already in Jasc Photo Album 4.0. They are all JPEG files. When I open Elements and "grab" one of them, and then save it as a TIFF, it is saved ... but in Photo Album. How can I get Elements to save the file, not Photo Album ?? Thanks !!
chicagocub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2004, 12:01 PM   #2

I'm not sure what you mean by "photo album". Is it using a different format than you want, saving in a different location?

I got PS Elements with my camera and I don't remember having a problem saving at JPG... and I believe TIFF as well.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 12:19 PM   #3

Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album 4.0 is the program I was referring to. It's a mainly a photo organizer, but does have some rudimentary enhancing tools. I upgraded to PS Elements because I wanted more control over my images. Anyway, what I want to do is take photos from my camera, shoot them into this Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album program [or Elements], and then select the photos I want to work on in Elements. My problem is when I try to save a photo, and so far I've tried saving only as TIFF, it's saved back into Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album!! I cannot figure out how to move my existing photos from Jasc into Elements or get photos from my camera into Elements. My thought is that Jasc is causing the problem, and removing the Jasc program would help, but I have hundreds of photos onin there and need to move them to Elements first. HELP PLEASE !!!
Old Apr 30, 2004, 3:49 AM   #4

CC

If you use File>Save As you should be able to save it anywhere on your Hard Drive. Try using the 'Up' arrow or the drop-down menu in the 'Save As' dialogue box to get on to your hard drive - you
may have to go through Desktop>My Computer>C: to get there.

Brian
BrianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 3:46 PM   #5

Brian ... thanks for the info. As you can tell, I am a total novice. I finally did figure out how to save the the photos in Elements. I am working now on transferring all my existing photos in Elements. GO CUBS !!