Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Sep 5, 2002, 3:06 PM   #1

Default Microsoft PictureIt or Adobe Photoshop Elements

Ok we all know Adobe Photoshop is the best in the world but i'm not a pro and don't need a $600 program. Microsoft seams to have dropped there Picture It Publishing line of software for Picture It photo imaging line of programs. These range from $30 to $99 being Microsoft Picture It Digital Image Pro 7.0 the top program which supports adobe Photoshop plugins. This is also about the same price as Adobe Photoshop Elements so which is better? Do these programs come with clipart gallires and have publishing templets like Publishing did or are they getting away from this? Between the camera and printer is the software and needs to be addressed.

[Edited on 9-5-2002 by PhotoMenace]
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2002, 3:23 PM   #2

Amazon.com has been running a special on Photoshop Elements. $40.00 discount from Amazon and $30.00 upgrade discount from Adobe making the final cost only $30.00. I have Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop Elements 1&2. I really like Elements. There is a great book, 50 Fast Digital Techniques by Gregory Georges that you can order from Adobe for about $$17.00. It features Elements but has guides for several of the other image progams.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2002, 6:45 AM   #3

Default Rebate info

I found Amazon.com rebate but can't find Adobe Elements rebate information and what is eilgable for rebate since i don't have version 1. Does anyone where on adobe site the rebate information is?
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2002, 4:38 PM   #4

sorry no, but I agree - get Elements its way better than Picture it!.
You could also try the PSP7, but its a little harder do work with. I use Photoshop 701 myself. Fantastic program. But extremely expensive though!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2002, 7:43 PM   #5

Check out the rebate form on Amazon. They list several image editors that qualify for the Adobe rebate.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2002, 11:46 AM   #6

Hi,i have both progs,and also Photoshop 6, Paintshop Pro and a small program called PhotoElf. I actually use the Picture It for quick and dirty fixes,fast emailing,and adding text,etc..I use the Elements for erasing,cloneing,layering, and the more extensive fixing of a picture. If you can only have one ,the Elements would be the one to get,in my humble opinion.You might take a look at PhotoElf as it is a great little program for printing and some picture fixing. I had to go out to the J.C. and take a course to learn how to use just some of the Photoshop tricks,so I finally gave up on that one,you have to invest too much time on it.
Kanji is offline   Reply With Quote