Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Aug 12, 2004, 3:32 PM   #1

I posted in a previous post regarding image editors that allow me to insert text art directly into the image. See the attached image for what I am talking about. In order to accomplish this now, I open the image in Photoshop Home Edition, make my corrections and crop to my final size, save the image as a jpeg or tiff, then open the file in Microsoft Publisher (old version) and insert Word Art as needed. I then have to print out the image and scan it and then save the scanned image as a jpeg to show it online. I found an image editor called Photo Impact Pro by Nova Publishing - not the one from Ulead. It claims it can do all of the text art, but I hate to spend the $100 to find out it can't. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Doug - Kalamazoo
Attached Images

dakzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2004, 1:13 PM   #2

I haven't heard of anything from Nova Development, but thier website looks a lot like Ulead. Ulead advertises Photoimact with the abilities to do Text, and it looks like it may be what you want. They also offer a free trial, you can't beat that. Why not give that a try, hey, it beats 100 bucks.

Let us know how you make out.

Dave
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2004, 1:40 PM   #3

Believe it or not, I went out today and purchased Microsoft Publisher 2003. I had an older version of Publisher that would not allow me to save a finished file as a jpeg or tiff. The new version allows me to do this, so it is pretty much what I've been looking for. I wasn't crazy about the $200 price tag (Publisher with Digital Imaging) but there's a $70 rebate that I think I can take advantage of. Since I was already familiar with Publisher and I knew what it could do, I figured any of the others would be a shot in the dark. Here's what I just finished creating in Publisher - 22x28 poster.

Thanks for your input.
Attached Images

dakzoo is offline   Reply With Quote