Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Sep 6, 2004, 9:02 PM   #1

My new "Tip of the Week" describes the steps in a technique to soften blemishes, freckles, pores, etc. on portraits.

http://www.thelightsright.com/Digita...pOfTheWeek.htm

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Mitch
gmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2004, 4:19 PM   #2

Great tip, I perfer the history brush tool using almost the same technique.

For the history brush technique (also works great on scanned images that has dust and/or scratches) start out by applying the dust and scratches filter to your image (adjust the settings to your needs.) Then in the history window make a new snapshot. Select the inital snapshot when the image was opened, choose your history brush tool and use a small brush. Check the small box to the left of the snapshot to tell the history brush tool to pull from there. Then simply go over with your brush in the areas that you want to fix.

If this does not make sense I can put it into a more readable format with pictures to help.
choeschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2004, 9:16 PM   #3

choeschen wrote:
Quote:
Great tip, I perfer the history brush tool using almost the same technique.

For the history brush technique (also works great on scanned images that has dust and/or scratches) start out by applying the dust and scratches filter to your image (adjust the settings to your needs.) Then in the history window make a new snapshot. Select the inital snapshot when the image was opened, choose your history brush tool and use a small brush. Check the small box to the left of the snapshot to tell the history brush tool to pull from there. Then simply go over with your brush in the areas that you want to fix.

If this does not make sense I can put it into a more readable format with pictures to help.

Yes. You can use the History Brush. It's a good idea, if you like the History Brush.

The advantage of using a layer for the Dust & Scratches filter is the layer mask. This lets you adjust the effect later, if you wish.

With the History Brush, you can make changes right away. But you cannot do so later.

I've gone back and reworked so many photos, I always look for ways to retouch and keep my options open.

Cheers,

Mitch
gmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote