Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Sep 15, 2004, 9:40 PM   #1

I just bought photoplus 8 and was browsing the internet looking for filters and went to http://www.officedepot.com and saw that they have Photoshop CS for $169.00. My question is, is Photoshop CS a complete program or do you have to already have a version of Photoshop like version 7 and use CS as an upgrade?
arowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2004, 11:03 PM   #2

arowana, first of all the link you posted has the correct url in it (it goes to www.office.com, not www.officedepot.com ).

Ok, the version that Office Depot sells for $169 is the upgrade version. That means that you must first own a recent previous version of PS or it won't install. The full version is being sold by them for $590. Quite a difference.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 4:42 AM   #3

Sorry about the URL but www.officedepot.com works for me here in Tennessee. And I kinda figured it was the upgrade version. I was hoping they made a mistake and I could get the full version for $170.00 but thats just my luck. Thanks for the reply.
arowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 5:08 AM   #4

Well arowana,

You could always buy PS Elements, install that, buy the upgrade, sell the elements and still be under the $590 price of CS alone.:-) I think Wal-Mart(as much as I hate them) has elements 2.0 for around $50. That would put the total price at $220 even if you didn't sell 2.0. If I had the extra $170 I would buy the upgrade.
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 6:51 AM   #5

Is this true that you can update to Photshop CS from Elements 2.0 for the upgrade price.........Has anyone done this yet ????:?

Thanks in advance for your help.:lol:
lauricel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 8:59 AM   #6

I think Adobe has some special offers for upgrading PSE to PSCS if your PSE came with some hardware you might have bought (and not all hardware you buy will come with this offer - some scanners, cameras, etc). However, the special offer is for $300 for PSCS, not the $169 price which is the upgrade price when upgrading from a previous version of PS only.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:16 AM   #7

Try this link. It worked for me, althoughI had not purchased a Wacom product.

http://store.adobe.com/store/products/special.jhtml?id=catWacom_0205&sourcecode=7411 3

tybee5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 6:59 PM   #8

Geoff,
Please help me unmuddy the waters in my brain. The computer I bought a couple of years ago came with Elements, is this not considered a version of PS and not eligible for the upgrade? And why would 2.0, if you bought the full 2.0 in a store not be eligible for the upgrade? I'm confused, but it could be Adobe saying they are our rules and you have to play by them. Am I understanding this right? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Casey
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote