Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 8, 2002, 10:58 PM   #1

Default New software from ACD

I've been using ACDSee 3.0 for a long time: also, for a few purposes, Adobe Photoshop L.E., though I've found most of its functions incomprehensible.

Yesterday I discovered that ACD are now putting out ACDSee 5.0 - AND a new program that goes with it called FotoCanvas.

I've downloaded trial versions of these - and I think that FotoCanvas in particular is a lot easier to use than Adobe Photoshop L.E. I'm going to buy them.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2002, 8:24 AM   #2

I've got Acdsee 5.0. Really fine program, fast viewer with a lot of goodies. The program itself is not a fastloader like the Acdsee 3 versions.

If you come from PE...and you do...I'm sure you will get dissapointed with the Fotocanvas. The PE works on a higher level than Fotocanvas, but then again if your uncomfortable with PE - FC could work, but I think you will meet it's limitation really fast.
That's the great thing about shareware - try before buy, right!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2002, 10:57 AM   #3

Default ACDSee 5.0 and ACD FotoCanvas

Klaus - Now, after trying ACDSee 5.0 and FotoCanvas, I have to agree with you 100%. Now I'm glad I didn't succumb to the urge to buy them both immediately. I shall stick with Photoshop L.E.

I've also tried out ACD RealOptimizer. I shan't be buying that either. I think JpegOptimizer from Xat.com is much more straightforward to use.

I'm unsure about moving from ACDSee 3.0 to ACDSee 5.0
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2002, 3:42 AM   #4

Hi Herb

I understand why. Acdsee 3 has execellent speed - I think it's faster than the 5.0 - but then again - you'll get the full package with 5.0. Indeed a difficult choice.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote