Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 1, 2004, 1:36 PM   #1

Can anyone tell me how to make a photo collage? I'm looking to put a picture of my daughter in the corner faded out and putting different shots of her children around the photo. I just don't know how to do it or what program to do it in. I have Adobe 6, and Microsoft Picture It.
connieself is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2004, 4:59 PM   #2

Connie,

I use both, PS 6.0 & MS Pictureit '99. For simplicity (or when I'm lazy), I use Picture It. In Workbench, Get Pictures you want in your collage onto the film strip. Next go to Projects and select Collages. Eventually you'll get to dragging the picture(s) you want onto your collage. By dragging on the corners you can adjust the size of each picture & also drag it to place where you want it. The "active" picture can be "color" adjusted, cropped, etc, and even the edges faded to blend into the adjoining pictures using Workbench | Edge Effects | Soft Edges by adjusting the slider. Use the vertical film strip to drag or position the pictures one on top or under another by dragging, minimizing the cropping you need to do. Hope this helps & good luck...Harvey
ltdedorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 7:43 PM   #3

The best program for making collages I have found is something called FxFoto. You can download it for free at their website and make collages but in order to print and save them you have to buy it. They do have lots of nice frames, cropping effects etc.

Their editor is very very good - I like it better than Elements.It's very intuitive with lots of tools including a clone brush.

I bought the program because making collages was so very easy and fun - it's only $30. They have gotten rave reviews on download.com and tucows.com. As I said you can try it for free and then decide. Good luck!
bluesails is offline   Reply With Quote