Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 22, 2004, 4:43 PM   #1

Hello!

I guess the King of Picture Editing is Photoshop but it is resource hungry and sometimes you dont need the power of that program. What I would want is a editor that can do all the basics and then some...

What do you recommend?

Feautures I would want is

Low on system and memory resources so thatI can open it and edit pictures from the camerawhile havingother programs running at teh same time while on 256MB RAM

Ability to communicate with camera or scanner directly and download all pictures at once so thatI dont need to open them up one by one.

Today I just use Microsoft Picture It that came with my HP Pavilion butI find it great for some things it is fairly limited and I dont like the fact that when opening pictures from the clip board I need to first specify the size of the canvas in Centimeters wich I find stupid. Why cant the program just create the correct size depending on the size of the picture I am opening automatically and why centimeters not Pixels?.

Basically can you expertsrecommend any software that are better and more powerfull then Picture It and easy to use and not to hungry on memory like Photoshop is?

Would Elements be a good choice?

Or is that also a resource hog like CS??
Joakim Agren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links