Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 23, 2004, 10:37 AM   #1

I'm considering buying an Epson 4180 scanner that includes Photoshop Elements 2.0. Is this version of Elements the same as I would purchase seperately, or is it a stripdown version that I would have to upgrade to get the full functionality of the product?
radioflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2004, 3:03 AM   #2

Unless it states that it is a "Trial copy", which is unlikely,then i would imagine it to be the full version.

I know someone who had it bundled free with their Canon S50 last year.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2004, 7:44 PM   #3

Looks like they just came out with a elements 3.0 for $99. Check it out http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/main.html
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2004, 4:19 AM   #4

I would have suggested PSE3 DocX as i think it is supposed to bemuch better than 2 with Photoshop Album integrated,but i think radioflier was maybe looking for the deal clincher on the Epson 4180.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 8:45 AM   #5

You're reading me correctly! The reason for this questions was when I purchased my Gateway a few years ago it had Easy CD Creator 5 included. I soon found out not all of it was there, and to get full functionaliy I had to purchase the deluxe version (or something like that - it's been too long and I seem to be short a few brain cells).
Old Oct 26, 2004, 10:07 AM   #6

As i said earlier, i am sure that it will be a fully functioning version of Elements 2, but, if you haven't done so already, try contacting the retailer/supplier of the Scanner, I don't see why they couldn't/wouldn't tell you for sure if it is or not, especially as they may have a sale out of it.

Good luck.

Stevekin.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 10:25 AM   #7

I have another concern - I'm not very familiar with Elements 2.0, but I understand there are some 3rd-party add-ons for 2.0 that gives it more functionality. Whatever version I end up with I would ensure I have that ability to expand it's functions.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 4:50 AM   #8

I would think that any 3rd party plugins would be compatible with both 2 & 3.I don't know the programs very well but as i said version 3, i believe, has photoshop album integrated. If you are still planning to buy the Epson scanner you will be getting version 2 free anyway, so no money lost there. Then you could upgrade to 3 if you find it suited your needs once you know more about it.

Stevekin.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 8:35 AM   #9

When I got my 10D, it came with Element 2.0. It was the full version. So there is a data point.

And I was able to use that serial number to get me $300USD off the price of the full PS CS when it came out.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 11:23 AM   #10

I just received an upgrade to PSE 3.0 from Amazon. $30 rebate from Adobe and $25 from Amazon... bottom line price $44. PSE 3.0 includes ability to process RAW files and has an album program built in.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote