Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 4, 2004, 10:33 AM   #1

Hi all,

Anyone have a good suggestion on removing datestamps from pictures?

My previous digicam was broken so I borrowed one for a trip & accidentally left the datestamp on (ugh!) as I assumed no-one in their right mind would ever turn such an abomination on and forgot to check that it was off.

I suppose I can manually remove the stamp from the better pictures, though I imagine that will be hard for a photoshop neophyte. If there is a decent automated way to get the stamps off please share, as I HATE datestamps on anything other than a picture taken for insurance etc. reasons. It'd be great to take it off all of them.

take care,

Steve

EDIT: I don't own Photoshop, I tend to use GIMP as i'm cheap, so free or cheaper suggestions would be appreciated as I dont have a spare $600 or whatever for photoshop.
jester69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 5, 2004, 2:43 AM   #2

jester69 wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,

Anyone have a good suggestion on removing datestamps from pictures?

My previous digicam was broken so I borrowed one for a trip & accidentally left the datestamp on (ugh!) as I assumed no-one in their right mind would ever turn such an abomination on and forgot to check that it was off.

I suppose I can manually remove the stamp from the better pictures, though I imagine that will be hard for a photoshop neophyte. If there is a decent automated way to get the stamps off please share, as I HATE datestamps on anything other than a picture taken for insurance etc. reasons. It'd be great to take it off all of them.

take care,

Steve

EDIT: I don't own Photoshop, I tend to use GIMP as i'm cheap, so free or cheaper suggestions would be appreciated as I dont have a spare $600 or whatever for photoshop.
I've removed a date stamp from a friend's picture using the clone tool in Paintshop Pro - it's not to difficult but you won't automate it. Don't know if the gimp has it too (though I guess it would) but you could always download the trial version of PSP and use that. If you like it, it's not so expensive as Photoshop - and has been worth every penny to me.

_
Underscore is offline   Reply With Quote