Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Dec 9, 2004, 5:01 PM   #1

I just purchased some tax software (it's yet to be delivered - will ship in January) and I am supposed to be getting a copy of Corel Photo-Paint 11 as a free gift for purchasing early. I buy this particular software every year anyway, so this cost me nothing.

I understand you cannot purchase this as a stand alone but it is bundled with Corel Draw Suite.

Anyway, I am wondering what the word on this forum is about Corel Photo-Paint 11. How does it compare with Adobe Photoshop 7, Photoshop CS, or the incarnations of Paint Shop Pro?

FYI. before this I have only used Paint Shop Pro 7 and I was wanting to upgrade to something more up to date. So, is this my answer?

ghubbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:51 PM   #2

I guess no one seems to know anything about this software or no one chose to reply. It arrived in the mail yesterday, so here I go trying it out.

I have read some reviews and they all seem pretty positive. Apparently the menus and tool bars are extremely customizable. You can even make it appear like Photoshop if you like. It is also supposed to handle PS file formats as well.

And one in depth reviewer said he tried over 3 dozen PS plugins and they all worked.

The proof is in the pudding, they say, so here I go. Since I am upgrading from PSP7 and don't have Photoshop, it may be just the thing for me.

ghubbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 9:02 PM   #3

I did the same purchase.
Check the following address for a review of Photo-Paint 11 in 2002 in zdnet.com.
I feel you are better with PS7.
I guess this "gift" won't make the income tax moment less painful after all...

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/CorelDr...3.html?tag=top
DanielP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 3:28 PM   #4

I've been using Corel Paint for several years, currently v. 12. I have found it to be everything I need to edit photos. It's relatively easy to learn and use and has more features and options than I could ever make use of. Accepts a lot of Photoshop plug-ins, uses layers, does masking, etc., etc. I've tried Elements 3 and several other less expensive software programs and I continue to stick with Corel Paint.

Walter
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote