Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:22 PM   #91

I tried to download the files from this site but it keeps telling me that I entered an incorrect code. I have tried codes at least thirty times. I tried with and without caps lock on. I tried mixed case.... to no avail.
juleebruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 5:22 AM   #92

Hi Tony

Just searching links to find software package for sony picture package version 1.2 cd, reading and searching information in stevwe'sforum noticed many others as well as my self did not appear to have receivde cd. I would appreciate it if you could send me a copy of picture package version 1.5 to the following email address.

sharon.forrest@bigpond.com

Thanks Sharon.
shazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 1:59 PM   #93

You could zip or rar the files and split to 100mb sizes and upload to rapidshare.de or rapidshare.com or any of the dozens of other file storing sites.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 11:27 PM   #94

HI SHOULD B ABLE 2 HELP U OUT . GO IN THE MENU AND SELECT USB-PLY/EDT. THEN SELECT STD-USB . THEN CONNECT 2 THE PC AND SHOULD WORK SRAIGHT AWAY
ANFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 6:43 AM   #95

i have the same proplem did uou solve it ?

pleas help me
karam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 3:35 AM   #96

I got picture package 1.5 with my dcr hc, but it's not installing. I saw some other people are posting about the same problem, but no reply from anyone. When I click on "install" nothing happens (just like the others described), no message, no error, nothing.

In another forum I found only one reply -a girl solvedthis problem by uninstalling McAfee -but I don't have it or any similar program....

Please help me...

I also need an alternative way to do the job, especially after hearing all the complaining about what hapens even AFTER I manage to install...

I guess that would be firewire and two programs -one to upload the feed, and another one to record it on cd. What programs should you recomend? (free of course -I spent too much money already on the camera and the extras, to pay more for something I was supposed to get from the producer -I don't even want to say the name -let them be cursed for putting us all through so many problems)

I'll appreciate your help please please please

OOsh

oosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:58 AM   #97
ng

Hi,

I see that a lot of people are missing their picture package CDs and are desperately looking for a copy.

Well...I'm not going to provide a copy to them but have an alternate to the picture package software.

I recently bought a SONY DCR HC36E MiniDV camcorder. This is the first time I am using a camcorder and I was a newbie on how to use the camera and create VCD/DVD through it.

Searched through a lot of websites and have come up with the following point:

The best way to capture video from my miniDV cassette is to use Firewire and to save it in DV-AVI format.

I could do neither of the two 'cause I do not have a firewire port on my laptop and not enough space on my HDD (a 60 minute video would take ~14GB of HDD space !!!)

SONY picture package captures video in AVI format which made it useless to me (A SONY technican had come to my house to give a demo and clear my doubts about the camcorder as part of their service and the guy summarily rejected the PP software telling me to forget about it and to go for WMM and NERO. If SONY employees dont recommend the software then why go for it)

Having spent a fortune on the camera, I do not want to spend more money either on new hardware or software.

Following is the method I follow to capture my videos and create VCDs

1) Since I just have a USB port on my laptop, I use it to capture the video from the camera. Contrary to popular belief the captured video quality is good enough for a newbie making a home video with little or no extra money to spend !!

I use Windows Movie Maker to capture the video through the USB port and save the captured video in wmv format. This takes up ~600 MB of HDD space for a 60 minutes video.

2) Windows Movie Maker is quite good for a video editing tool with basic features required for a home video. Nothing fancy.

Created my home video with some titles and transitions thrown in and unwanted footage cut out.

Saved the final output also in wmv format.

3) Used TMPGEnc to convert wmv to mpeg1 format for creating VCD

TMPGEnc is the only freeware I could find which worked with wmv files.

4) Used VCDEasy to burn the final VCD on CD-R.

VCDEasy is now a paid sofware but the version v1.1.5.2 is a freeware. VCDEasy was not able to detect my CD Drive but I installed the Adaptec ASPI drivers as described on their help page and it was able to detect my drive after that :-)

Thats it !! Now I can easily create VCDs without spending a lot of money (except the cost of a blank CD-R) and share the CDs with friends and family.

Its been a long post but I hope someone benefits from it. If you need any more info then please let me know. I'll be glad to help out.
ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:16 AM   #98

God bless you, that's exactly what I needed, I will try it today and hope it works.

I just have one question -as you can read in the post above, I cannot install pp -and my pc doesn't detect my dcr hc32 through usb. I don't know why, but the sure thing is I need drivers.

Did you use drivers from the cd provided or from the net?

appreciate...

oosh
Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:25 AM   #99
ng

Sorry no idea about drivers required to detect the camera through USB. WMM was able to detect my camera perfectly well so didnt need to research on this area.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I had installed PP software before realising its futility so it could be that it had installed the drivers required to detect the camera.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"FYI I have XP SP2 on my laptop.
ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:29 AM   #100

another question about TPMGEnc -there are several programs available on their site -which one did you use?

TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress

VideoSync

TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 2.0

TMPGEnc DVD Author 2.0

thanks

oosh