Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jul 2, 2005, 7:17 AM   #11

I am having same problem. My CD RW is SONY CRX835 E which is not supported by Picture Package. SONy Handycams doesn't support even some of their CD RW. Strange!!!!! Anyways can anyone help me out in explaining the steps on how can i use WIndows Moview Maker to import Video from My Handycam to My Laptop.
kapsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 2:38 PM   #12

I too am facing the same problem ....... Iwant to transfer the video from my Digital 8 handycam using picture package to a VCD and then convert it to a flash video file for the web. I am really disappointed to know that the picture package does not support XPSP2 . SONY should have informed the buyers and the pic package website is the worst website i have ever come across, just 3 Q&A and ther is no mention about the problem of XPSP2

GUYS , lets all get together and sue SONY , they cannot take their customers for granted.

teknopoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 11:08 AM   #13

Hi, I lost my CD and I don't find the software for download, just updates.
Could anybody send me the picture package software please ?

My email is: azulmania@gmail.com

Thanx
azulmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2005, 6:41 PM   #14

hi, i lost my picture package cd. could somebody send it to me. my email is jaydo87@yahoo.com. Thanks
jaydo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 11:52 AM   #15

I Have DCR-HC30 Sony Handycam. Am also facing the same problem while buring a VCD. It is not recognizing my disc drive. In "Options" it is not displaying my Disc drive. Has anyone found a Work around for this. If so, kindly do reply to my email udaykumartj@lycos.com..
Thanks
Uday

udaykumartj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 8:18 PM   #16

Hey Uday,

How are you? From where did you get Picture package software? It was not included with the handycam when we bought it last year. I realised this when I wanted to copy data from my tape to a laptop.. Is it possible to copy from tape to laptopusing any freely available software... let me know... at neelesh_durgapal@rediffmail.com

Neelesh
neelesh_durgapal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 10:51 PM   #17

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE THE SONY PICTURE PACKAGE CD

Okay, well, I also don't have the CD.

So, basically the only thing to do is either buy the software (they have it on the Sony website, or possibly in a retail storenear you), or use an i.Link

First check if your computer has a port. If it doesn't you need to use the software. Now if you have it, it's either a 4-4 pin, or a 4-6 pin, and that can be checked. You also have to buy this, but it might be cheaper than the software.

Hope it was useful,

NiehlsBohr
NiehlsBohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 5:26 AM   #18

I have a SOny DCR-DVD803E and i have a nasty problem. I want to transfer the clips i made from the camera to the PC. I use the supplied Picture Package, but it doesnt work on ANY miniDVD other then SONY. When i use the copy to hard disk function in the picture package viewer , it just rights 0 byte files on the pc and thats all. When i want to transfer files from an SONY miniDVD, that function works great. Anyone have any solution for this or a 3rd party program that does the same function?
Silviu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 2:25 PM   #19

Hi guys I have the same problem but I found the solution, go to this site and update your Picture package software http://www.ppackage.com/e/index.html

For example my cd says I have version 1.5, I had to ugrade to 1.6 then 1.7 and now is working fine. I hope this helps you too.
jackveneno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 3:43 PM   #20
keg

I have the Picture Package CD which I received with the DCR-DVD403E HandyCam, but I can not install the software. It simply "does nothing" after all choices and acceptations are made. No error message. No "Finished" message. Only the [correct] file folder is created.

Please help.
keg is offline   Reply With Quote