Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Apr 26, 2006, 1:51 PM   #51

Lost my CD too. Can anyone e-mail me the software? vthomas005@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!
litosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 6:56 PM   #52

Hello,

Do you think you can send me the picture package version 1.5 download? I would greatly appreciate it. I purchased a sony handycam used and it did not come with the software.

My email address is cherylu1961@aol.com

Thanks so much.

Cheryl
mazonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 8:52 AM   #53

I downloaded the pieces of the file twice and then used the picture package zip to stitch them back. When I tried to open the created zip file it gave me a message unrecoverable zip file read error. I use winzip 10 to open zip files. Anyone else experience this problem.
cayrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 6:41 AM   #54

My problem is similar to that of Gaijin San (Sat Mar 4th, 2006). I've installed picture package and have the latest Macromedia Flash Player but every time I try to run the menu, I get the message: "To run this application, you need to instal Macromedia Flash player first".

I have a feeling that it has something to do with the Operating System. I am using Windows XP SP1. I suspect that Gaijin may be using the same or SP2. When I had XP Professional, the program worked fine. I don't want to go back to an older technology. Is anyone aware of a batch that can fix this problem or a way of going around it?

As for Picture Package CD, I haveone (version 1.5)which came with my DCR-HC19E. If anyone badly needs a copy tell where to upload it to and I'll be glad to do it. I am in Africa (Kenya) and broadband is a rare resource but that shouldn't stop me from Sharing. My email: jlangatke@yahoo.com.
jlangat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 11:56 PM   #55

Hi Tony;

Downloaded picture package from Badongo. I had picture package v1.8.1 but in a senior's moment chucked it out. Sony and their distributors have been unable to provide a replacement. Your upload seems to have provided the answer. Thank you!

Walter Lapsley
SandyAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 6:44 AM   #56

For those of you whose Picture Package is running well, is anyone of you using Windows XP SP1 or SP2 platform?

I am trying to pinpoint the source of my error message.

Joshua.

jlangat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 5:33 PM   #57

Because I found this forum thread and 2 other people had the same issue as me, with Sony Picture Package not working with Macromedia Flash player ver 8, I registered to give you the fix.

version 7 Flash works with Picture Package 1.6.

version 8 will break picture package.

Be sure to let Sony, PP, and Macromedia what you think of their software regression testing standards.

1.) uninstall Flash player 8 with this

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashpl...ml#uninstaller

2.) download the older version of Flash

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14266

Inside the zip file will be release 7, and all dot patch releases, I used R61 successfully.

3 executibles, MAC, WIN, and WINAX (activeX) I installed WINAX.

Don't upgrade to Flash 8.
NapalmDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 5:34 PM   #58

Here is a twist, my wife has Flash 7 and Flash 8 installed, and her picture package works. I had uninstalled 7 after getting 8.

Maybe some combination of 7 and 8 will work.

/shrug
NapalmDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 9:17 PM   #59

NapalmDeath> Unfortunately, for some strange reason you can't download the Flash Player 7 from the link you gave us! Does anyone know a good link? (I have the same Picture Package-Flash Player problem. ) I can believe that it is a FP 8 thing because I installed PP before and used it without any problem.
Meee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 10:03 PM   #60

At the end, I was able to download Flash Player 7 from the same site what Napalm quoted (probably it was just a adobe website problem) and now PP works with flashplayer7r61_winax.exe .
THANKS GUYS!

Meee wrote:
Quote:
NapalmDeath> Unfortunately, for some strange reason you can't download the Flash Player 7 from the link you gave us! Does anyone know a good link? (I have the same Picture Package-Flash Player problem. ) I can believe that it is a FP 8 thing because I installed PP before and used it without any problem.
Meee is offline   Reply With Quote