Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old May 11, 2006, 4:42 AM   #61

NapalmDeath, that was beautiful:-). I downloaded FP 7 from the link you gave us, installed 7r61_winax (without uninstalling version and now my PP is running fine!

I agree with you that Sony, PP, and Macromedia should be informed about the oversight on their part. It has caused me alot of anxiety. Thanks alot NapalmDeath and all the other members who may have wished to help but could not do so.

Joshua.
jlangat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 8:05 AM   #62

I am sorry, I cant' write correcty in english.

Merci √* tous ceux qui on permis de r√©soudre le probl√®me d'utilisation de Sony PP avec Macromedia.

Je confirme qu'il suffit d'installer 7r61_winax sans désinstaller la version 8 pour que cela marche.

I Thanks all members .

petruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2006, 3:55 AM   #63

Hello, I'm new to this forum so I'd like to say hi. And would like to post a list of all the troubles/questions along with solutions I've found concerning my experience with Ppackage/imagemixer.

My system. I'm running Windows 2000 professional sp4. I don't have a DVD drive, so I was particularly looking forward to the Ppackage function that would allow me to copy/burn DVDs right back to my Sody DVD 404 Handycam.

First of all, it took me days to get the program to install. During the final step during installation, with no error messages, or no 'completed' messeges, the installation wizard window would just vanish. I solved this problem by completely disabling my McAfee Security Center.

Next problem. When my camera is connected to the computer, the Ppackage software automatically opens as it's supposed to do, but for some reason the program recognizes the files in the DVD in the camera, but NOT on the memory stick. I've been transfering stills from the stick to the disc in order to upload them to my pc.

Next problem. Most serious!!! Apparently Image Mixer and Ppackage work together, but mine don't. The Ppackage 'Producer' and the 'Duplicator' allow for DVD's to be burned back to the Handycam via USB. In either of these operations, whenever I select the Handycam as the source to copy, or the source to burn my newly produced DVD, and Image Mixer window appears briefly and then the computer powers down and restarts. Here's the funny thing. In my Start menue under Image Mixer, the only items that exist are a "read me" file, and a link to Pixela. Nothing to indicate any software. Looking further for any evidence of Image Mixer software, I go into my Add/Remove Programs, and to my suprise, Image Mixer is listed as a program file. Image Mixer also appears in the'Program Files' folder in my C drive/hard disk. So, I thought I might check for an update of Image Mixer. I download the update only to be shocked by an error message that informs me that no version of Image Mixer exists on my computer, so updating is impossible. IS IMAGE MIXER IN MY COMPUTER OR WHAT!!!?? If not, the why does it show in my Programs folder, and why can it be removed via the Add/Remove control panel function!!??

I live in Japan, and I called Pixella two days ago. They guy was really nice, but said that my problems don't appear in their data base, so they took my name and number so they could get back to me. Haven't heard anything yet.

Another question? When my Handycam is connected to my pc, I have no problem transfering video files from the DVD (but not the memory stick as I mentioned earlier) so this would suggest to me that the camera has connected to the computer sucessfully right? But, when I open "My Computer" I can't find the additional drive that should represent my Handycam. Shouldn't it appear in My Computer as a "removable drive" or something like that?.

Lastly, I also had the same problems with the Flashplayer, but that problem has been fixed thanks to the kind information provided by another alert and informative member of this forum.

At the moment, because I don't have a DVD drive installed in my pc, the only option for me to be able to burn DVDs is to use the function that allows me to use my camera as the destination drive, so although I would prefer to throw this software out the window, I'm stuck with having to find a way to make this crap work!!

Been a long and and possibly boring post, but I would appreciate any suggestions/help available concerning any or all of the problems that I've listed.

Thank you,

"demaninjapan"
demaninjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 6:56 PM   #64

mailto:michigan_blink182@yahoo.com:

went to link you have posted for picture package for sony & it doesn't work. Is there another link for picture package? like others on the forum, no cd for this software.

thanks,

suebdo777
suebdo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 7:06 PM   #65

i'm new to this upload/download thing. what do i do when i get to:http://www.badongo.com/file/559944?

thanks
suebdo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 8:56 PM   #66

Instead of the bandango site, I found the Megaupload site worked really easily as long as you followed the instructions included in the post. The Megaupload site was a little confusing, so I'll explain it a little. When I go to the site, it's all in Japanese. Could be because I'm in Japan, and my IE settings are set that way. Took me forever to find the link for the Ppackage download. When you first open the page, up in the right hand corner, there's a clock timer counting down and when it finishes it's countdown, a pop up ad appears over the top of the Ppackage download link. Close that ad and click on the link to download. It worked for me.

dave
demaninjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 11:26 PM   #67

Not sure if anyone has found the answer, but I too absolutely could not get the picturemaker to see my drive. I was playing around and noticed the Picture Package Vcd Maker icon in my system tray and was able to select the drive when I went in from there. Weird, huh? Hope this helps.
Jmbvbll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 4:54 AM   #68

By the way, I have XP SP2. I also turned off the camcorder first.
Jmbvbll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 12:48 PM   #69

:?Unfortunately I have alsothe same problem. If yoy could solve this problem, it would very friendly to acknowledge me the result.
ali123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 12:48 PM   #70

:?Unfortunately I have alsothe same problem. If yoy could solve this problem, it would very friendly to acknowledge me the result. my email is: m_a_artist@yahoo.com
ali123456 is offline   Reply With Quote