Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Dec 29, 2004, 6:02 PM   #1

I moved this, because I think I posted it in the wrong forum. Sorry

1.Well, I'm new to this bored, but it looks pretty neat. Anyways. I have a Sony DCR-HC30 miniDV camcorder and I use Sony Picture Package to download my videos. When I try to make a VCD, it says "please insert a writeable CD-R disc" or "the target drive is empty". While the other programs recognize the empty CD-R.

I have two disc drives (one CD-R/DVD-R & CDROM/DVDROM)...so it is possible it could be reading the wrong drive? I hope you understood my problem, any help would be appreciated.

2. In SPP, is there anyway to just download the video onto my computer, without all the added affects (as they do in auto-video producer)

Jad:?
Jadabiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2005, 8:17 AM   #2

I have the identical problem with the same camera.

Its either one of two things your drive isn`t compatable with SPP or you have windows XP service pack 2 installed.

SPP dosen`t work with Windows XP service Pack 2 ,apparently Pixela are working with Sony to get a download or new version available, but no date has been given for release.

In the meantime it means that anybody with XPSP2 will find that their new Sony camcorder comes with software that dosen`t work, so you will be unable to transfer film onto CD.

For nowyou can use windows Movie Maker, although the downside is that it saves your recorded material as a WMV file, and most DVD players won`t read that format.

A big boob on the part of Sony I think.

Come on Sony sort it out.

Wish I had bought a JVC !

Cyanide Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 4:55 PM   #3

Ya, i use windows movie maker and i luv it <3 Have you ever used WinDVD maker? I have that too bunt I don't know which is better?

jad

Jadabiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:15 PM   #4

The Sony Picture Package software was not included w/my Sony DCR HC-30. Can I use Adobe Premier Elements or some other software to download digital video and pictures from the HC-30? Or, must I purchse the Sony Picture software?

Thanks.
drex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 10:34 PM   #5

I have the exact same problem

Camera: Sony HC30

Software: Picture Package VCD Maker

Here is what happens.

I open Picture Package VCD Maker from Desktop.

Ichoose"BURN VCD" in my camcorder LCD and then choose EXEC on LCD

It says "Insert a recordable CR-R disc" on LCD.

The software says "There is no disc in the destination drive".

Has anyone found a way to around this.

Then I tried to create a music video using Picture Package Auto Video. But I tried only on hard disk. It seems to be working.

Attached Images

aggie_rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 10:50 PM   #6

Looks like all CD (DVD) drives are not supported. I have NEC 2100 AD which is not supported.

Hard luck.

I should try my laptop now. Hopefully....

http://www.ppackage.com/e/drive.html#maker_n
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:02 AM   #7

Spolution (Answer) - Fix

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"My problem was the VCD Maker not finding the drive. When you click options the drive (E should show up.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I thought it was problem with my drive. So Itried another computer and I figured out how to fix it.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Fix: Restart your computer. Next time you start te program you will see your drive in the options.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Another tip is to turn down the volume in your camcorder before you start the process. It takes several hours and you dont want to lose your sleep.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 2:39 PM   #8

I have the same problem. Even the sony online support chaps do not know the reason.I am glad that I found this forum. IfI unistall SP2,would Ibe able to burn VCDs?? Is windows movie maker a free software?
hiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 5:51 AM   #9

Is possible to sent me the picture package software

I lost my cd..

Thanks

my email:maricarmen.luque@oracle.com
mluque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2005, 5:08 AM   #10

:sad:I just bought a sony cybershot camera and my copy of picture package does not install. Can anyone send mea copy of the software that works email Peter.Pepper@ntlworld.com
magicgen is offline   Reply With Quote