Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 2, 2005, 3:04 PM   #1

I have a Minolta Dimage Z3 camera and use the Dimage viewer software that came with the camera for image editing. I edited some pictures, sent them to Ofoto, and got them in the mail. I thought they looked yellowy, so I compared the print to the image on my screen, and they were indeed yellower. What can I do to fix this problem so that the colors I see on my screen will be the colors that come out on my prints? I emailed Minolta directly, but they have not responded -- it's beem several weeks. Can anyone out there help me? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I contacted Ofoto and they suggested adjusting my monitor to reflect the coloration in the prints, but I don't know how to do that. Help!
Linda Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2005, 5:44 PM   #2
Administrator

Chances are, when you edited the photos to make them look right on your monitor, you caused them to look warmer.

Here is a site that discusses monitor calibration. You'll want to set the temperature of your monitor (many monitors have a menu choice that you can access via front panel buttons for this), then set your gamma via video card settings:

http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote