Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:32 PM   #1

Hi,

I'm just starting out. I am using a D70. I open RAWs in Nikon Editor then move to PS7 and "save as web." With JPEGs I go straight to PS7. Then I post some to Pbase. Somewhere along the way I lose the shooting data. Can anyone tell me how not to lose it.

Thanks,

Rich

http://www.pbase.com/oneeyeclosed

McGlocktapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2005, 9:06 AM   #2

I can't remember with P.S.7, but with C.S. it only saves the EXIF info when you use "save as" and not with "savefor web". I'm sure it's the same with 7. Try going to Help, resize image and choose online. Set the pixel size you want, and see if that works. It will retain the EXIF info. I believe most online hosts offer further options to resize the image when you post it there. The problem seems to simply be the "save for web" option.

Regards,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:41 AM   #3

The EXIF from most cameras contains a small thumbnail for viewing on the camera LCD. So rather than just be a 1k data file some EXIF files are in the 18-24k range. If you are building a web page and want small images on your database that can be significant. Save for web generally assumes you are building a web page – not posting it on a storage site like pbase. So it dumps the extra baggage as it should. A bulk resize and "save as" a medium quality jpg is pretty easy in Photoshop.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 1:17 PM   #4

Hey,

Thanks it is the "save as web." I resized with "image size" and saved as JPEG then viewed it with Nikon Editor and the EXIF was still there.

Thanks again,

Rich
McGlocktapus is offline   Reply With Quote