Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:40 AM   #1

Hello everyone,

My digital images taken with a Canon 300D, have wrong information regarding the data when the images were shot – EXIF data. Many of them, have a date prior to my buying the camera, others have it months after the shooting time.

Other images, have lost the information completely after uploading, processing and writing them on disk, but not all of them, even from the same shooting day. Why does this happen?

Can anyone help me understand how this command (Exif Info) works in Photoshop and why all this information is either missing or wrong. (I must specify that I have never bothered to set the camera for a specific date and time, I did not know how).

Thank you all,

Gabriela
mujgabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2005, 5:02 PM   #2

Don't type in blue.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 1:36 AM   #3

Why? Is it bad luck
Old Jan 30, 2005, 2:03 AM   #4

mujgabi wrote:
Quote:
(I must specify that I have never bothered to set the camera for a specific date and time, I did not know how).
Don't you think this would be a good thing to try first? So far as the camera's concerned it's just been born and taken for the occasional outing. Perhaps if Mummy treated it to a first birthday party it would be more cooperative.

On the other hand, it might be a fault.

Good luck!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 2:09 AM   #5

Thank you Alan! I appreciate your humor very much! I will set my 'baby' and see what happens then.

The weird thing here was that the month and day are allways correct, even without settings, but the year varies back and forth, showing even 2003, when the camera has not yet been produced .... then suddenly jumping to 2005 ????

Does anybody know if Photoshop 5 deletes the EXIF? Because some of the pictures lost this information, others still have it, without me processing them in any other software than PS5 and PS7?

Regards
Old Jan 31, 2005, 2:19 PM   #6

Gabriela, I don't know about PS7 but in PS5, any image I've edited, even resize, has lost its' EXIF info. I always back up the originals though so I can get to it.

Re the type.. When you type blue on a black background, it's very difficult and eye straining to read.

Have fun with the camera,
Jeff
:|
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 2:23 PM   #7

Thank you, Jeff,for a really useful answer. I don't have my PS% any more so I could not check it myself. Now it's clear. Thank you all!

Regards,

Gabriela