Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 31, 2005, 6:06 AM   #1
Shu

What does it mean when photoshop instructions read " go to layer under new and then new via cut?" When I get to that point, the "layer via cut" cannot be opened even tho' I have just opened a new image from my browser. I don't know why the option is NOT highligted in order to be opened. Does any one know? Thanks, Shu
Shu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2005, 6:34 AM   #2

To use the Layer via Cut option you need to have something selected, be it all or part of the image. Try using Adobe Photoshop Help. Press F1 on your keyboard, click on Index, then choose L in the alphabet and scroll down to Layer Via Cut Command. Always use the Help section as your first port of call when you are unsure of a function. Then come back here if you are still stuck. There are many, more knowledgeable users here than me that will help you.

Another very good place to get help is here, http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

Scroll down to Adobe Photoshop & Adobe ImageReady and choose your Operating system, Mac or Win. I find this site very helpful. In fact I don't think there is a better place to go, Photoshop Gods frequent the site and there are one or two people involved in the writing of the program that regularly help out. Can't get better help than that !!

Regards,

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote