Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 23, 2005, 7:22 AM   #21

Steve, thanks for the input. I believe we are down to the method of transfer. The Microsoft camera and scanner wizard will only move jpegs for me. The Digital Photo Pro I received from Canon Ver 1.1 will not even recognise the 20d, but will read the files after they are downloaded. I just found out there is an updated version of DPP, but can't locate it on the Canon web site. Are you aware of anything like this.

In summry, it looks like Above will not import raw but will view raw files once in the computer. The only problem I hanve not is how to import, or what program to use to import with from the 20d to the computer.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 9:39 AM   #22

Taking in to account your original reason for posting, to be able to import into Photoshop, there is an alternative. If I am correct, did you get Photoshop Elements 2 with your camera ? If so, you could upgrade to Elements 3 and use the equivalent function in that program. As I said earlier that does work with my Dimage A2 and Squonk told us he does the same with his 20D. You can choose to edit in Photoshop CS and that will open Photoshop CS in it's Raw conversion program, you can make the changes, then either continue to edit in PSCS or send it back to PSE 3. The added advantage with PSE3 is that it has the Photoshop Album integrated so you can organize your pics how you like. PSE 3, I think, by default or can be set, to transfer your images whenever you plug your camera or card reader in to the computer.

You can upgrade from any version of Photoshop Elements for $79.00 (including rebate) for a CD, or $69.00 for a download. But bear in mind the download is 263.8 mb so definitely broadband required !!

http://store.adobe.com/store/product...entsWinUpgrade

The Full version and upgrade version are identical, you just get dollars off if you already have a genuine copy.

Have also found Digital Photo Professional 1.5 released on 26 Nov '04. Read the cautionary note about EOS capture. You need version 1.2.0. This is the European site. Can't find it on the USA site anywhere. But as it is software it won't have any adverse effect on your camera.

Find it here. http://software.canon-europe.com/sof...0942.asp?model=

Scroll to bottom of page for file to download, k4b0benx.exe and don't forget to upgrade EOS Capture to 1.2.0

Regards,

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 6:46 PM   #23

Well said Steve. I believe I will try Elements 3 and see how that works. One other thought, any experience with BreeseBrowser and do you know if that will import.

I feel kinda unsuported by Canon with the DPP in as much as I can't seem to fnd updates and improvements. Perhaps I am overlooking something.

Elements seems like the path of least resistance, unless BreeseBrowser would work. Only reason I bring it up is I had thought of using the BB for organizing potos.

Really appreciate your input and help. Many many thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 3:35 AM   #24

Sorry Golfer, no experience with BreeseBrowser, check out the specs here, http://www.breezesys.com/BreezeBrowser/features.htm

Seems more than capable of handling your needs.

Personally I would go with PS Elements 3 aswe know for certain youcan import from your 20D and it switches seamlessly with PSCS. Plus it hasa very good image organizer built in, which, prior to this version, you would have had to buy separately as a stand alone.

Did you check the link I gave you for Digital Photo Professional version 1.5 ?

Stevekin.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 9:07 PM   #25

Steve, I think you are right. I will start with PE 3. Will let you know soon as I try it out. Thaks so much for your help.

Old Feb 25, 2005, 2:57 AM   #26

Glad we got something sorted out, even if it isn't the original problem directly. :-)

Keep me posted.

Stevekin.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 7:32 AM   #27

Thanks for your help Steve. Just curious, are you the Steve of Steve's Digicams? This is a wonderful and most useful forum.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 1:39 PM   #28

Golfer wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your help Steve. Just curious, are you the Steve of Steve's Digicams? This is a wonderful and most useful forum.
If only that were true. To have the wisdom, knowledge and, quite likely, wads of cash that the great man has would surely be an honour. :-)Besides, he's better looking than me.:G

You would recognize any response from Steve as he has Administratorunder his name. Plus, as his name is Steve, all the rest of us Steves have to add something to our user names.

And I agree with your last line above, I just wish my wife would agree, what with the time I spend here. :roll:

Let me know if/when you finally decide on the software for you and how you get on with it.

Regards,

Stevekin.

P.S. By the way, where are you. It's nice to know where people are in the world. I can guess your not in the UK judging by the majority of your posting times.

Old Feb 25, 2005, 6:44 PM   #29

Thanks for asking Steve, I am in Wichita, Kansas, can you get me closer to the map where you are in the UK? It is really fun to meet so many people from all over the world with interests similar to myself. The world gets smaller day by day.

Will give you an update on how the software works.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 7:56 PM   #30

Golfer wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for asking Steve, I am in Wichita, Kansas, can you get me closer to the map where you are in the UK?
Not sure if this is what you meant Golfer, but, Where I am is pretty much in the middle of England.

Talk to you soon.