Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 11, 2005, 2:59 PM   #51

Done It!

Checked RAW update in PSE3 Plug Ins Folder and although it was version 2.4 for some reason it was associating with PSCS, changed this to PSE3. Changed camera output to PTP also.

I Have ordered a Card Reader but in the meantime tried again via the supplied EOS 20D USB cable straight into the computer. PSE3 can see RAW! Uploaded to folder on hard drive from which I can open and edit in PSCS.

Don't give up anyone, It can be done on the relatively cheap Elements 3 version.

Cheers Stevekin & Golfer for advice.

AndyCscapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 3:22 PM   #52

Hooray !!!!

It worked for me straight off the bat even though my PSE3 has version 2.3 because my A2 was supported long before the 20D's, consequently I didn't need to install 2.4 so wasn't aware of the association situation. Try saying that with a mouthful of cheese !!

Hopefully Golfer and other 20Ders will see this soon and get sorted.

Thanks v. much AndyCscapes.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:33 PM   #53

You guys are really up on these things. I have been too busy to follow up here lately. The last attempt I made, was unsuccessful with Ele. 3. I could download JPEG buy not raw. Andy, one more time by the numbers could you walk me through your procedure. Maybe I did somethin incorreectly. I presently have the 2.4 update. Thanks for your help. It is hard to believe Canon dosn't have their own fix for this as it is their language.
Steve, I can say enough about you keeping this going for everyone. I get the feeling we will get a solid setup for everyone to use with their 20d. Each of us owes you for your help here.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 9:04 PM   #54

:?:? OK you guys, here is the latest. I checked my path and changed it from PSCS to Ele. 3 and changed to PTP on my camera.
I am now able to download from my built in computer card reader, a scandisk card reader and the 20d. The easiest appears to be the card reader.
I wanted to be able to used the 20d setup for my laptop when I am out in the field. This will be temporary storage from the card during longer stays out.
Haven't tried the laptop yet thought, so I might be back. Be forwarned. LOL
By the way, I have been viewing CR2 files with the Raw Shooter and like it so far. Give it a try.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 3:09 AM   #55

That's good news Golfer, glad we could help.

Now you have all angles covered, problem solved and all that....................but what am I going to do now ?????? I haven't even got a 20D but now I want one !!

You are right of course that using a card reader is the easiest and quickest way to transfer your files, though it's good to know the 'Import' situation is sorted for your laptop. Having said that, you could use your card reader with that as well.

Thanks to all for your input, problem solved.......................I hope.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 9:25 PM   #56

:idea:

I was just googled to this thread and found it interesting because I am just starting to work with raw files from my digital rebel using photoshop elements 2

Several comments:

1.I upload my raw files to my computer by using a conpact flash card reader.

2. I then use either Infanview or DPP to look at the files and see which ones I like. I am running windows XP.

3. I need to save the files as .tif files to open them in photoshop elements 2 or, I can edit them with DPP from canon which is a nice free tool, save them as tiff files, and then crop them with PS 2.

I hope this is useful info to someone

Bill

kickback is offline   Reply With Quote