Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 18, 2005, 3:43 PM   #1

i was fiddling around with photoshop elements 3 and edited a copy of a picture into a charcoal image. i saved this copy under a different file name, in the same folder and it had a psd extension. file size was about 10.5 mb (original was 2 mb). problem is i cant get this picture to come up in picasa 2. other edits where i just did layers and cut and pastes were easily viewed. but this charcoal image just doesnt come out in the organizer. why is this so? thanks in advance!
junji98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2005, 6:09 PM   #2

JPG is a format common to all editors. PSD is native to Photoshop. You would usually save as a PSD file if you wanted to keep your individual layers and any changes made until you were finished editing. You should use the 'save as' option and save a copy as a JPG. This should open in Picasa. Your other edits were probably JPG.

Hope this helps,

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 10:05 PM   #3

i will try saving it as a jpeg file. although, i did check the box to allow picasa to recognize psd files. also, the layered pictures were also saved as psd's. thanks anyway.
junji98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 12:06 PM   #4

junji98 wrote:
Quote:
although, i did check the box to allow picasa to recognize psd files.
Sorry, I don't know Picasa and wasn't aware that option was available.

Hopefully someone who does will step in and be able to help.

Stevekin.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 7:52 PM   #5

You'll probably have to flatten the image before you save it in JPG format. Flattening the image combines all the layers into one. You could save the PSD file to a different name then flatten one of the PSDs, so you can later come back to tweak it in Photoshop or Elements. Once an image has been flattened, there's no going back.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 2:56 AM   #6

Thanks for pointing that out Wildman as I had neglected to give the most basic of advice. :roll: Although it appears that previous PSD files were opened and it seems that it's just the one image that's causing a problem.

junji98, could you post the charcoal image here or give us a link to it as it is, then we could try out all options and see if anything has been missed ?

Stevekin.