Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 20, 2005, 7:23 PM   #1

I have 2gb hitachi microdrive memory card, and a 512 memory card. I shot some school pictures last weekend and I have deleted them. I have researched your wesite for information on the best retrieval software and I have tried, Octane Soft (eimage recovery) and PC Inspector smart recover, and Photorec. Each one recovered between 700-900 of my images, all the way back to weddings that I shot back in October, however, it only recovered the second half of my dance pictures. I am baffled as to why it would skip over the ones that I need the most.

In Summary, I need all of the dance pictures and I can only retrieve half! help asap!!!:?
amysphotoart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2005, 2:56 PM   #2

Hello amysphotoart, it doesn't look good.

Near enough all software based file recovery programs will only be able to rescue images that are not totally corrupted or that haven't been written over yet. The fact that the programs you have triedhave only recovered the second half of your images would suggest to me that you have used the camera and card since you took the School Dance pictures, consequently writing over the first half.

If this is what has happened, then I'm sorry, I don't think that you can do anything to retrieve them.

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote