Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 27, 2005, 12:17 PM   #1

I can't seem to get DPP (which came with my DS@) to convert my RAW files to 8 bit TIFF so that I can import them into PS Elements 3 and edit, sharpen and print them.

I click on File, go down to convert, and a box opens up on the screen. I choose 8 bit TIFF and hit 'enter' and a screen comes up that says 'Please Wait' I wait forever, hear the hard drive clicking away, and finally the disk stops. I go to the folder where I sent the TIFF and nothing is there.

Any suggestions?
spotmeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2005, 1:24 PM   #2
-jb

I don't know what DPP is and I don't have Photoshop Elements, however...

I think Photoshhop Elements 3 has a RAW converter similar to the Camera RAW converter in Photoshop CS.

Try using the "Open" option in Photoshop Elements and see if your image opens in the RAW converter. If so, you'll be good to go...

-jb
-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 1:48 PM   #3

spotmeter wrote:
Quote:
I can't seem to get DPP (which came with my DS@) to convert my RAW files to 8 bit TIFF so that I can import them into PS Elements 3 and edit, sharpen and print them.

I click on File, go down to convert, and a box opens up on the screen. I choose 8 bit TIFF and hit 'enter' and a screen comes up that says 'Please Wait' I wait forever, hear the hard drive clicking away, and finally the disk stops. I go to the folder where I sent the TIFF and nothing is there.

Any suggestions?
I'm not sure what a DS@ is, but presume DPP is Digital Photo Professional from Canon. I don't have this software nor a Canon camera so no direct knowledge to help you. But the fact that you are waiting forever and then nothing happens would suggest a corrupt or missing file in DPP. If you go here, http://software.canon-europe.com/sof...dowss20942.asp

You can download the latest version, 1.5, of DPP. There are a couple of cautionary notes you should read before downloading.

If I guessed right, I hope this helps. If not, sorry.

Regards,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote