Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 4, 2005, 2:57 PM   #1

I recently purchased the Adobe Premier Elements and Photoshop Elements 3 bundle from Amazon. Amazon offered a $20 rebate on this package, along wtih a $30 rebate from Adobe itself. Little did I know what I was about to get in to.

The Adobe rebate requires sending in the original sales receipt, the barcode label from the box containing the two products, and something called the Proof of Purchase Tab #1, also from the box. Well I could not find anything called "Proof of Purchase Tab #1" so I cut out the barcode label and ripped off from the front of the box the large flap that describes both products. I sent all this to Adobe along with the purchase recipt and form with my name & address etc.

About 4 weeks later I got an email stating my rebate was being refused because I did not include "Proof of Purchase Tab #1." So I contacted (with considerable effort) both Adobe and the company handling the rebate and said I could not find that tab, but I did send the large color flap that obviously came from the box. They said they woudl take the matter under consideration.

After a few more days I got an email from Adobe Customer Service saying they were "unable to process" my rebate because I never sent them the required flap from the box.

I still have no idea what flap they are talking about. If you plan on purchasing this product I'd recommend you send the entire box back to them.

Or better yet, go withPaint Shop Pro.

Birk Binnard
www.birkbinnard.com
bbinnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2005, 6:28 PM   #2

I had the same experience with Adobe when I purchased Elements 3.0. Amazon paid their part right away but Adobe required "the inside label, not the outside one" or vice versa.

Good software, crappy rebate policy.

Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote