Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 10, 2005, 8:28 AM   #1
Administrator

From David Coffin via e-mail:

----Start Quote-----

Dcraw users,

After four months of work, dcraw 7.00 is available for download at http://cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/ . It's a major rewrite:

* Not only is Adobe DNG now supported, the entire codepath has been redesigned for it. Adobe's XYZ->CAM matrices allow color science to replace black magic, whether decoding DNG or the original raw files.

* The Foveon-related code has been completely rewritten to give realistic colors under all light sources.

The license has changed. The new Foveon code is under the GPL license, so authors of closed-source applications may need to pay me to use it. The rest is under my old free-for-all license. See dcraw.c for details.
My future plans are:

* Adding support for SMaL-based thin cameras ( http://www.smalcamera.com/ ) Currently these cameras are completely useless without Windows.

* Improving camera white balance support, first for Canon, then Nikon, and maybe others.
Dave Coffin 3/9/2005

---- End Quote ----
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:40 AM   #2
Administrator

It appears that the compiler I'm using (DJGPP Version 2.03 under Win 'XP Pro) doesn't like the use of the function snprintf in the new version (compiler errors).

Apparently, snprintf is not defined in the included libraries..

I talked to David this morning about his use of snprintf in the new version, and he's going to take a look at the code today.

In the meantime, if you're having a problem, you can make the following changes to the source code to get it to compile (use sprintf versus snprintf, and remove the buffer size parameter):

Change Line 1857

snprintf (str, 128, "%sRGBNeutral", model2);

to:

sprintf (str, "%sRGBNeutral", model2);

Change Line 3534

snprintf (name, 96, "%s %s", make, model);

to:

sprintf (name, "%s %s", make, model);

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote