Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 10, 2005, 2:36 PM   #1

I just got Paint Shop Pro 9. The CA removal feature really works great. I have a Minolta Z1 which really needs help in this respect. Here are before and aftershap shots I took at a recent car show. Notice the bad purple fringing around the lighting and the chrome on the car. With a few clicks most ofit is gone in the after photo.

Before PSP9 :

http://users.rcn.com/hmmjr/HMMpics/car%20show%201.jpg

After PSP9:

http://users.rcn.com/hmmjr/HMMpics/car%20show%202.jpg

Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2005, 3:47 PM   #2

The makeover certainly brought the chrome wheels back to life. Are you sure that was CA, could it have been some bluish/purplish light reflections in the wheels?

TG
Trout Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 5:57 PM   #3

Trout Guy wrote:
Quote:
The makeover certainly brought the chrome wheels back to life. Are you sure that was CA, could it have been some bluish/purplish light reflections in the wheels?

TG
The purple is fringingthat should not be there - the blue is a reflection of the blue light shining on the car. The program did take out the blue reflections on the side of the car and turned them white - a minor problem.Check out the purple around the flourescent light tubes in the ceiling. Most of that was cleaned up. My camera always puts a purple fringe around any strong light and also flash reflections off chrome. This feature of PSP9 is reallyhelpful in easily getting rid of that unwanted stuff.
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote