Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 12, 2005, 1:08 PM   #1

my desktop icons disappeared for 2 days and then came back and now they've disappeared again.what can I do please?
handerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:49 PM   #2

If you have Photoshop 7 there is a .dll file you can rename to avoid interference with icons and thumbnails. Otherwise is there anything you have changed or added to the computer? What OS and do you have a lot of icons? With some older operating systems icons could be a problem if you had too many. You might try pruning them when they come back or putting them in folders on your desktop. I find that an easier way to find things on the desktop anyway. Right click on a blank space on the desktop and New>Folder. Type a name for the folder. Just drag the icons of a particular type into the folder. I have folders for graphics, Palm and utilities. Really cleans up the desktop.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 1:23 AM   #3

I have Me. and the only things I have added recently have been Firefox and Microsoft updates and only have about 26 icons.The computer is about 4 yrs. old.Don't have photo shop 7.When the icons returned they were large,I had them on small before they disappeared,and the task bar was bigger also. Thanks for your help.
handerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 8:30 AM   #4
sds

You may check out this site and see if it works. I Googled your problem and this was one of the answers.

http://www.duxcw.com/faq/win/icons.htm
sds is offline   Reply With Quote