Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 12, 2005, 1:18 PM   #1

I have the Dell version of PSP-8 on my computer with a free 60 day trial that costs $59.95 for the unlock key or $75 for the key and a CD. Is the Dellinstalla full version and is PSP-9 worth the extra cash that it would cost over version 8? I know nothing about this program so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed
VTRotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2005, 1:18 PM   #2

The Dell version is a full version, but shop around before buying. I was about to pay the $59.95 for the key, but found the cd (sealed) on Amazon Marketplace for $42 delivered, complete with a valid $30 rebate coupon. Net cost: $12.

The two main extra features of PSP9 are the Raw Converter and an improved noise removal algorithm. I handle those with the free Raw Shooter Essentials, so am satisfied with ver. 8.

Lou
derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 7:12 PM   #3

derbunk wrote:
Quote:
The Dell version is a full version, but shop around before buying. I was about to pay the $59.95 for the key, but found the cd (sealed) on Amazon Marketplace for $42 delivered, complete with a valid $30 rebate coupon. Net cost: $12.

The two main extra features of PSP9 are the Raw Converter and an improved noise removal algorithm. I handle those with the free Raw Shooter Essentials, so am satisfied with ver. 8.

Lou
Lou,

Thanks for the idea. I guess I'll scope out Amazon, eBay, etc. and if I come up with nothing I can always pay the $60 for the key.

Ed
VTRotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 7:36 PM   #4

I also got the PSP 8 and Photo Album free 60 day trial on my new Dell computer. After trying many different free, and trial programs, I knew this was much better than anything so far. I spend the money and bought Jasc Photo Suite at Best Buys for $99.

Everything I've read in photo magazines says the Photo Shop is #1 but cost a lot more, PSP 8 is getting closer and closer to Photo Shop. I LOVE it. And the photo album is fantastic!

Shirley

scurtis is offline   Reply With Quote