Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 20, 2005, 3:49 PM   #1

Hi all,

I have set my D70 to use Adobe RGB as the default color space (Color Mode II). The files correctly show up on the D70 as "_DSC..." files, where the "_" prefix indicates an Adobe RGB file.

When I open the file in Adobe Photoshop Elements, go to Print Preview, turn on "Show MoreOptions" at the bottom of the window and select "Color Management", the Source Space shows up as "Untagged RGB" instead of the expected "Adobe RGB (1998)".

I have set up Elements to use full color management (Edit -> Color Settings).

I am not sure that this will affect my prints, but it would be nice to have things operate as expected (i.e. getting Elements to recognize the file in Adobe RGB format).

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Will it make a difference to my prints (I have a Canon i9900 printer).

Thanks in advance!
nevillec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2005, 10:28 PM   #2

Quick update - I have updated the firmware in my D70 to 1.03, but the problem persists!

Has anyone else seen this? Any wild ideas out there?
nevillec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 9:01 PM   #3

Hi nevillec, I DO NOT have the answer, but I have had the same problem as well including after upgrading the firmware. For what it is worth someone else has the same problem, me. I know it does not solve the problem yet, but for myself it is encouraging to know I am not alone in wondering what the deal is since I got the camera in October. This problem has been bugging me a and I have set aside time this week to find the solution, I will post the answer when I find it, if you have the solution please let me know as well. Are you using PS7?, Mac or PC? Curt
d70user is offline   Reply With Quote