Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Apr 28, 2005, 12:51 AM   #1
wll

What program do you use to match your monitor colors, brightness and tone to your printer?

My prints look like they are under exposing about 1/2 stop to a little more as compared to my monitor.

wll
wll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2005, 9:32 PM   #2

What kind and model of monitor? The monitor itself usually has color, tint, contrast, brightness, sharpness and/or phase adjustments. Check the menu on your monitor or look for dials/buttons at the bottom-front of the case.

Forgot to mention: Adjust your monitor to correct color and gamma then adjust your printer driver (options) to match it.

Try this for detail help. http://www.scarse.org/adjust/
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 10:14 PM   #3

For the monitors I use a pantone Colorvision Spyder http://www.colorvision.com/profis/pr...iew.jsp?id=243, and for the printers I was using the printfix patch reader, but the latest batch of profiles from Epson for the 2200 seem to be bang on. If you follow a good printing workflow.

A word of caution though, since the monitor is backlit device and the printers prints are a reflective media you will be close but never get them to look exactly alike.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 10:40 PM   #4

I just use a very simple program called Gamma Panel. It allows a number of different monitor profiles.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"To match monitor to printer output, just print a picture, open Gamma Panel and adjust the monitor to look like the print. Save this setting as a profile with a name, such as the printer name, and use that profile when editing fro prints, and go back to default setting when using other applications.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Don't have the link handy, but I think I found it thru the Major Geeks site.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 11:53 PM   #5

Be carefull not to install and load 2 different monitor color adjustment programs. :-). That can really mess you up.
If you loaded Adobe Photoshop, chances are you have already got Adobe Gamma loaded and running.

Check your Control-Panel and see if Adobe Gamma is already there, if used correctly it can produce some good results.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote