Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old May 13, 2005, 12:12 AM   #1

I have always before printed 5x7 or larger on my 1280. Now I am trying to print borderless 4x6 prints on 4x6 sheets of paper, and they are coming out 5 3/8 x 3 1/2.

This happens on my Epson 1280 as well as on my cheap DELL 720, so itmust be a Photoshop issue. I am setting the "Image Size" and "Media Size" at 4x6. Why can't I get a 4x6 print on 4x6 paper? I can get 4x6 prints on 8x10 paper.

Thank you for any assistance.

Bob

chance44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2005, 5:05 AM   #2

I'm not familiar with your printers but my epson requires me tocheck an option in the epson driver print dialogue to enable borderless printing. By default the printer leaves a white border around the print.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 5:09 AM   #3

Are you printing from PS using the Print with Preview option ? I find it's much better to use just the Print option and choosing the settings in the printer driver.

In PS choose 'Print', then 'Properties'. Set the quality, select the paper type and size, select the orientation, then click on 'Page layout'. Adjust the 'Expansion' slider, this will be trial and error till your print looks satisfactory. For example, I use an Epson R300 and can set the expansion to minimum and it will print borderless just right. But I also have an Epson C84 and I have to have this set in the middle or it leaves a very thin border. The purpose of the expansion setting is to ensure the print is actually borderless, but at the cost of a slight loss of the outer fringes of your image. It expands the image to do this. Give it a play.

Hope this helps,

Stevekin.

And yes, don't forget to check the box for borderless, this will only be available for certain sizes and types of paper. (Thanks Nagasaki)
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote