Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old May 16, 2005, 12:37 PM   #1
PdS

I just downloaded Hugin to create panorama pictures and Enblend to stitch the photo and output image is a multilayer TIFF file I am not able to read. Does any one know a software that can read such file and convert them into standard TIFF file.
Thanks. PDS
PdS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2005, 7:33 PM   #2

I use PTGui as the graphic front-end for PanoramaTools so cannot offer anything about Hugin, but you should have several options for the output. I don't see an option of a Multilayer TIFF, but there is one for a multi image TIFF. That can be used with any editing program that supports layers - each TIFF becomes a layer. You refine the stitch by choosing how much of each layer shows and perhaps doing adjustments to each layer independently.

You should have the option to output a simple flat TIFF (PTGui also can do JPEG or PNG or Bitmap or PSD - don't know how much that choice is PT or PTGui's). Being able to refine the stitch areas via layers is one of the powers of PT so keep at trying to figure that out.
PdS wrote:
Quote:
I just downloaded Hugin to create panorama pictures and Enblend to stitch the photo and output image is a multilayer TIFF file I am not able to read. Does any one know a software that can read such file and convert them into standard TIFF file.
Thanks. PDS
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 8:27 AM   #3
PdS

Bill, thanks for your answer. I've been trying to stitch some photos using Hugin but i been unable to end with a fine panorama. Any suggestion?
Thanks PDS
Attached Images

PdS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 2:01 PM   #4

The stitching looks OK, but it seems that you let your camera pick the exposure for each "frame". It might be possible to adjust the exposure to match, but I wouldn't want to try it.

Set your camera to manual so you have the same exposure for each shot. That should solve the major problem. If you don't have that option, set the exposure on the same view (half-pressed shutter release) then rotate to the view you want.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote