Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old May 26, 2005, 1:02 PM   #1

Hello All,

Have any of the users used Serif PhotoPlus 6 and The GIMP for photo editing. I have been in search of an inexpensive photo editing tool for quite some time. I have downloaded a lot of free photo editors and tried them. However, I have found that most of them are very..very restrictive in their features.

I have used Photoshop and Photo Elements 2 too earlier. But these 2 softwares are unmatched for price they offer..THEY ARE FREE AND they do MOST OF THE MANIPULATIONS you require in an image.

My choice for sure is THE GIMP...it is open source and has tons of features. Photoplus has less features...but surely worth a look.

I may sound as sales person for these softwares, but I am not. Just helping out cash crunched people like me who do not want to spend on expensive softwares.

These software might have a longer learning curve for novices...But the documentation is available and spending some time in reading the tutorials is not a bad investment.

Check out these softwares and let me know what you think of it. If it helps you...let me know for sure.

Click Serif PhotoPlus 6 and The GIMP to go to the sites. You can download it immediately.

Cheers!

Arun
arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links