Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jun 3, 2005, 5:42 PM   #1

I have just received Photoshop CS2. I was in the process of investigating 3rd party sharpening and noise reduction software like Noise Ninja, but it seems as though PSCS2 has some sophisticated new sharpening and noise reduction tools of its own. Should I stick with PSCS2 or should I get 3[suP]rd[/suP] party software? Which it better? Your opinions please.:bye:
rebRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2005, 6:08 PM   #2

I've been using mostly neat image, but yes the new PS CS2 does have some new capabilities here. Will be interesting to see which works out better.

Peter
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 7:24 PM   #3

I still use My NIK sharpener with my CS2. I got used to it and I never had a problem with it and it works perfect in CS. I have not mastered the sharpener in CS2 yet. I will give it a try sometime and compare. I also still use my NIK DeFine for the same reasons. My D100 Nikon produces very little noise so I don't know when I will test the noise feature in CS2.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 9:13 PM   #4

smart sharpen works so well for my images that there is no 3rd party add-ons required now.

in the world of noise they have a ways to go. depending on the shot NN or NI are still my choices.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote