Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:04 PM   #1

Just wondering if PS Elements had a function that would allow me to clean my pictures up if I used the digital zoom on the camera. Get rid of the noise/graininess that comes with a digital zoom.

Steve

LINEBACKER 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:46 PM   #2

it cannot cleanup or improve what isn't there unfortunately. the very nature of digital zoom is nothing more then a electronic cropping of the original image. as you do that there is less and less info available in the image you produce. digital zoom can be useful but only when you have a quite high mpixel imager to begin with. a prime example of this is the nikon D2x starting off ay 12MP and then crops to 6.8 (digital zoom) for high speed work. they wont go lower due to the image quality reduction as you go down
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:55 PM   #3

You know what? I just tried that S-Spline program and it's amazing. It does really good work for what you have. Screw the digital zoom, you can enhance the photo with S-Spline and it looks really good.

Steve

LINEBACKER 2 is offline   Reply With Quote