Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jun 12, 2005, 9:01 AM   #1

How can I make a path or selection and have the brush tool follow it? I saw this once on a TV show with Burt Monroy but that was a year ago and I can't remember how he did it.
Please help

-Daniel
daniel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2005, 9:52 AM   #2

Haven't seen it but think this is what you mean.............Make your selection using the Pen Tool or whatever you prefer, if using the Lasso Tools remember to right click and choose 'Make Work Path' from the selection. Then select the brush size and colour you wish to use, Open the Paths Palette and at the bottom of the Paths Palette click on the second from left icon, 'Stroke path with Brush'. Then delete the path when you have done.

Hope this helps,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 4:53 PM   #3

Thanks so much. I know that once you learn things in photoshop they're so simple afterwards but I just need to learn everything and that'll take a while. I have been using Elements 2 for a year and just bought CS2 3 weeks ago. For the first 2 weeks I used it for simple things like cropping and auto color correct and now I bought a few books. Wow there's a lot this program can do.

-Daniel
daniel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 5:28 AM   #4

You're welcome Daniel.

Yes, there is a lot to learn and even when you've learned it, there's so much to remember it can take a good few goes at a routine until you get it right each time !!

Enjoy CS2 and if you need to know anymore, just ask here, there will always be someone that can help or point you in the right direction.

Regards,

Steve.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote