Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jul 4, 2005, 11:59 AM   #1

I have Photoshop CS, and I hate all the choices for the web gallery templates. I downloaded a trial version of CS2 and they have a far better selection of Web Galleries to choose from.

Does anyone know if and where I can find some additional web galleries to add to Photoshop CS without upgrading to CS2?
Willyjeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2005, 9:26 AM   #2

If you have an understanding of HTML, go to...

http://www.pdesigner.net/photoshopcs/1_17_8_1.html

...for a description of Photoshop's gallery styles--where to find them, an explanation of the use of "tokens," and a guide to modifying or creating your own styles.

After discovering the same thingas you did about Photoshop's designs (okay, but that's about it), I went on a Web search for downloadable templates. They're out there, but they're not free, and even if I was willing to pay for such templates, I wouldn't have bought any that I saw because they were geared toward commerce, not art.

To get precisely what you want, of course, your best bet is to use page-design software. You don't need anything as expensive and full-featured as Dreamweaver. I find Microsoft's FrontPage 2002 perfectly suited to creating Web photo galleries, but it requires time spent learning and money spent on third-party books to get a really good handle on the software.

Wish I could have pointed you to some nice, free, and downloadable templates, but they don't seem to be out there.

--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote