Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jul 7, 2005, 4:23 AM   #1

I recently went on a trip to New Zealand, and took my SD500 with me. However, upon arriving in the country, I forgot to chage the date/time in the camera, so the dates and times of all my pictures are incorrect. I am looking for some software that can advance the time (and therefore date) of multiple images by 19 hours so that the images will have the correct time attached. I have been searching for about an hour, and have tried Exifer, PhotoUtil, and several others without luck. I was hoping that someone could offer a suggestion.

Josh
Josh784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2005, 3:30 PM   #2

Josh, I have just done what you want to do using Exifer. http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

There is quite a lot to this software, easy to miss where you need to go .

Open Exifer, locate the folder containing your images to be edited. Now click on the first image then hold shift and click on the last image.

Top of the screen click on the EXIF/IPTC button, then the Edit button. Or you could just press Ctrl + E.

Click on the 'EXIF data' tab and then the 'Date' tab.

All sorts can be changed in thisscreen but for your purposes you just need to alter the hours, minutes and seconds box in the Date/Time Offset section.Specifically the hours. Simply do this by either clicking on the first 00 to highlight it and typing 19. It should show 19:00:00. Or just keep clicking on the 'up' arrow next to the box till you reach the required value.

This should advance the time by 19 hours but critically, it should also amend the date automatically. It also keeps the minutes and seconds as they were. Doing this will amend the entry under Date taken in your exif info. If you wish this to also apply to Date modified and Date digitized, just check the relevant box.

Have another go and take your time .

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 7:51 PM   #3

That did the trick Steve, thanks. What you described is what I tried originally, however I was looking at the date directly under the image in exifer, which does not change for some reason.

Thanks,
Josh
Old Jul 8, 2005, 3:35 AM   #4

The date below the image appears to be the 'date modified' and not the date taken or digitized.

I can't work out why that date doesn't change either, even though I checked the box to apply the changes to date modified :?.

Still, it has no bearing on what you wanted, which was to change the time and date taken.

Perhaps it is either a bug in the software.

By the way, if you want to get rid of the register/try pop up everytime you open Exifer, then click on register and you are asked to send a postcard to recognize the work of the author, then you are asked if you have sent one already and I clicked yes. No more pop up.

Steve.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 3:45 AM   #5

Yeah it doesn't seem to have any effect on the image's date properties.

I did the postcard thing when I first installed exifer, but thanks.

I appreciate the help, now I have my peace of mind :lol:

Josh
Old Jul 8, 2005, 3:40 PM   #6

You are welcome Josh, though I think that perhaps I just nudged you to try again and look in the right place, which I'm sure you would have done eventually anyway .

Steve.